Friday, January 24, 2014

Day 46 of the 60DWCC - Another Spring Cleaning Day

After my morning run and breakfast, I began the spring cleaning work for both our living and study room. Besides spring cleaning, I also moved some furniture around to make the house more space efficient. The moving of those super heavy furniture was indeed back-breaking but I manage to get them moved single-handedly. A round of applause for me, please.


After getting the furniture moved, I started to spring clean and get rid of junks that have been lying around for months, if not years. I stopped at around noon and start to make preparation for RK's return.

It was another afternoon with me doing my work and RK taking his afternoon nap. We met up THL for dinner at Jurong Point and we bought a few items off our To-Buy list. We took a bus home after that.


Transport Expenses: $3.89

Bus Rides:
Home to Boon Lay Interchange (THL) => $0.83
Home to Jurong Point (RK and I) => $0.83 + $0.41 => $1.24
Juroing Point to Home => $0.73 x 2 + $0.36 = $1.82

Daily Afterthoughts:

I was surprise how much real estate was reclaimed inside the house with the proper placement of furniture and throwing away of unwanted junks. We probably moved in too much junks from our old house few years ago. Yes, I was also shocked that some of the junks have been with us since we moved in 3 years ago and we have not used them once. 

Do you have lots of underutilized junks at home? How often do you get rid of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment