Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 35 of the 60DWCC - I Love Mondays

Ever since I left the corporate jungle, I no longer hate Mondays. Why?

Mondays no longer symbolize as first working day of the week. No, not to me anymore.

I have began to love Mondays now. To me, Monday now means I have more personal time to do my own works, at my own pace and speed. No more bosses (some with bad breath) breathing down my neck, no more nasty soon-to-be 8 years old monster attempting to pull me away from my desk whenever I sit down to work. No excited wife shouting for me to come watch that very nice Food Variety show featuring the must-eat Rojak from Dun-no-where road.

I love Monday. In fact I love each single weekdays of the week. They represent peace and quiet. Yeah, 6 to 8 hours (depending on what time RK comes home) of pure Nirvana.



Really. Seriously. Allow me to say it one more time, I love Mondays.

No more Monday Blues.

P/S: No, I do not hate weekends. Weekends are meant for relaxation and shopping, or just lazing around at home. I have no problem doing that. In fact, THL and I are experts when it comes to that. Just lazing around...and Oh...the picture below is not an actual presentation of us by any stretch of the imagination.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is a typical Monday. Spent 6 hours doing my own works, attended to RK when he comes back home. Had some personal time again when he takes his afternoon nap till 6pm.

THL and I met up and we bought dinner home. Ended the evening watching another of the DVD I rented. Nice.

Transport Expenses: $1.66

Home to Boon Lay Interchange (THL) => $0.83
Boon Lay Interchange to Home => $0.83

Daily Afterthoughts:

Our beloved SUV was really an assert to me when I was still a member of the Cubicle Nation but ever since I left the rat race empire, the SUV quickly became a "Family Taxi" mostly used for ferrying and fetching both THL (to and from company transport drop off area) and RK (to and from school). I have to admit it was a huge waste of "talent" to have used it as a "Taxi". In fact, if I were the SUV, I would have felt insulted and would have wanted to hang myself.

In order to make up for it, we used to drive out at the slightest opportunities and many a time we found ourselves just roaming around the expressways aimlessly. It was a pure waste of petrol ($$$) and time in my opinion and it was an overkill to have got a SUV in the first place.

Lesson learnt, next car, if there ever will be, would definitely be properly utilized. I promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment