Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 25 of the 60DWCC - Wedding Anniversary Planning




4th of Jan marks the day THL and I hosted our wedding dinner 11 years ago. The passing of 132 months or 4015 days would feel like forever had you ask me eleven years ago. And now, I could only wish that time had not whizzed by so fast.

When I was much younger, I have always hope that time would speed up a few years with a click of a button. It has never dawned on me that as we grow older, we tend to feel the passing of time and will start to hopelessly wish that time would slow down. Many of us usually regret the fact that we have somehow squandered away our youth - only to realize it when we start seeing our kids grow up while we continue to feel our energy depleting away slowly...

Times up. Too Late. Human...

Anyhow - I began to plan out the list of things to do and places to go tomorrow after I was done with my daily work and household routines.

I came out with a list within 10 minutes and after going through the list a second time, I quickly realize that most of the places are not realistic since we no longer own a car. We used to be able to travel to JB for a good meal and movie whenever we feel like it or drive to faraway places in Singapore just to check out the place or to explore new terrains. Now that we have gone "car-less", it would seem like most of places are out of reach. Yes, we can always take public transport but there are places whereby you will still have to walk for a long distance even if we take public transport.

After much considerations (Sat crowds and unpredictable weather), I have ruled out most outdoor activities and out of reach places and that left us with only a few common options like movies, good meals at restaurants and shopping. Sigh...

Transport Expenses: $1.56

Bus to Work (THL) -> $0.83
Feeder Bus from JE to Home (THL) -> $0.73

Daily Afterthoughts:

Even though we are now sort of "geographically limited", it does not mean that we should limited ourselves to leading a boring and stale lifestyle. With a little touch of creativity, I am sure we would still lead a fun-filled lifestyle leveraging on the soon-to-be omnipresence of our SG public transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment