Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 24 of the 60DWCC - First Day of School and Work

Peace and Quiet - At Last!

Most of you are probably still sleeping when our poor RK woke up at 5am. By 5.50am, he was already seated excitedly beside his classmate inside the school bus. As usual, THL left the house by 7am and that was it...

Finally.

Peace and quiet welcomed me with open arms, something that I have longed for since RK's school holidays started in mid November. Heeding our bed's tempting beckoning, I went back to sleep and I manage to wake up at 9am to start the day.

12pm - I went down to fetch RK but his school bus did not arrive until 1233pm. THL and I was worried that he missed the school bus. LOL.

RK took a 2 hours nap shortly after lunch and I resumed my productive work till 5pm.

Delivery from Redmart

At 4.30pm, I signed off a delivery from RedMart. THL and I recently agreed that we should try out online purchase of necessities (drinks and dry stuff only) and hence this delivery from RedMart is our virgin attempt to get necessities online. The delivered items were all in great conditions and service was ok. I am sure we will continue to use this online service provide and this will eliminate the need for us to carry heavy stuff back from NTUC and super markets. Hurray!


RK and I meet THL for dinner at a nearby coffee-shop and we walked home after that. After RK finished his homework, we played some online games with him before sending him to bed.

Transport Expenses: $1.66

Bus to Work (THL) -> $0.83
Boon Lay Interchange to Home (THL) -> $0.83

Daily Afterthoughts:

Before we sold our car, THL and I would never have thought that we would one day order our necessities online. One of the main concerns we had is the condition of the items delivered. We were worried that we have to go through the hassle of getting a refund if the items delivered are damaged or dented. I foresee that we will be ordering most part of our necessities online in the future and we will continue doing so even if we do get another car in the near/distant future. Nothing beats getting the necessities delivered to your doorstep, don't you agree? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment