Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 28 of the 60DWCC - What a Flu Day!

Ahh...choooo!!! That's it. A sneeze at 5am in the morning almost ruined my day. The running nose started dripping away as I woke up to help with RK's daily prep-for-school ritual.

The flu was so bad that it blocked both my nose and ear - causing the entire airway to jam up with those you-know-what "sticky fluid" whenever I lie down. Hence I had to force my weak and tired body up and sat myself in front of the computer to check some emails and stuff. The blocked airway clears a bit when I sit up straight.


Damn.

Yawn...

Oh well...just my luck. :S

After breakfast, I took a couple of cold relief tablets and went to bed again. 3 full hours have gone by when I wake up. Half the day is gone and I have not accomplished anything today.


As I slowly recover from the flu attack, I quickly finish up my daily work and prepared lunch for RK. The rest of the afternoon went by swiftly with RK taking his afternoon nap and me working on my project.

I meet up with THL in the evening time and we bought dinner home. After dinner, I sent RK for tuition and returned home to watch a DVD with THL.

The Curse of Chucky - A Bloody Show



We manage to finish up the show (we watch halfway last night, remember?) before RK came back home. The ending was kind of weird and I suspect there could be a sequel to it.

Transport Expenses: $1.66

Bus to Work (THL) -> $0.83
Boon Lay Interchange to Home (THL) -> $0.83

Daily Afterthoughts:

I have always wish that some smart alex would someday (within my lifetime) invent a quick cure for minor illnesses like flu. Despite all the medical advances, many decades have past and our scientists have not manage to come out with a permanent cure to simple ailment like flu yet. Weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment