Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 38 of the 60DWCC - Another Unproductive Day

RK comes home early every Thursday thus I am essentially left with only 4 hours of working time after I am done with my morning run and washing up activities.

While it is convenient to let RK attach himself to the Internet or Youtube for the entire afternoon when he is home, I do not feel comfortable with it at all. First of all, he may spoil his eyesight over prolong exposure to computer screen.

There is also a high tendency for him to get addicted (which I suspect he already is) and lastly God know what else he may get exposed to other than watching Mr Bean and some animated cartoons. There is a high chance he may get exposed to "X Rated" stuff unknowingly.

The adult filtering feature is not foolproof and let's not forget RK is an extremely smart kid. I suspect he may already know his way around all the Youtube settings. Moreover cyber crimes are at its all time high now hence I definitely want to ensure that RK is clear from such stuff at his current age.



Therefore whenever he is with the computer, I will have to occasionally check on him to see how he is up to. Apart from that, I will usually talk to him about what he learns in school and allowing him to tell me some of the interesting stuff in school. As THL has a dinner date with her colleagues this evening, I spent the entire evening with RK. We had dinner together, played some online games together, remember the Fireboy and Watergirl game that I told you about. Well, we did play a little bit of that. And of course we did watch some of the Mr Bean animated series too.

Although it was a unproductive day for me, it is well worth it as I was able to spent some quality time with RK. He is at the age where he needs a lot of attention from the parents and I will try my very best to spend as much time with him so as to add in some memorable memories to his childhood. :)

Transport Expenses: $2.99

Home to Boon Lay Interchange (THL) => $0.83
Bus to Taman Jurong Food Centre => $0.73
Taman Jurong to Home (THL) => $1.43

Daily Afterthoughts:

Ever since we sold away the SUV, the amount of outdoor activities with RK has gone down dramatically. I used to bring RK down to West Coast Park or Chinese Garden to play Frisbee or soccer and ever since we went car-less, such activities have been shelved. In view of that, I already have plans to bring RK out for more running or hiking activities whenever my schedules allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment