Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 44 of the 60DWCC - Spring Cleaning Kickstarted

After my morning run, I decided to postpone my daily work till afternoon and kick-start the spring cleaning activity in the morning. This is mainly to avoid having RK around in the house when I am clearing unwanted stuff away.


After 5 hours of hard work, I managed to clear and clean up the kitchen dining area and it is not cleared of unwanted junks and is sparkling clean. :)

I resumed my work after I washed up. RK came home at 1pm and he was surprised that I was able to clean up the dinning area of the kitchen when he was not around.

*Please note that the below picture does not remotely represent the current state of our kitchen or dining area.


After our dinner, THL and I took a bus down to a nearby central after sending RK off to his tuition class. We bought some CNY goodies and 2 sets of Korean DVDs. After that, we took a bus home and fetch RK home.

Transport Expenses: $4.78

Bus Rides:
Home to Boon Lay Interchange (THL) => $0.83
Boon Lay Interchange to Home => $0.83
Home to Nearby Central => $0.83 x 2 = $1.66
Nearby Central to Home => $0.73 x 2 = $1.46

Daily Afterthoughts:

I never knew it was so tough when it comes to making a decision to throw away unwanted stuff that lingers around the house. Besides being emotionally attached to those junks, I believe it is also because we do not want to throw away things that we think we may need it in the future (which usual never happen).

Clearing away junks is a lot easier when there is no one in the house to challenge my every decision to throw away junks that have not been used for a long time. Just think about it, if that piece of junk is already lying there for the past one year, there is very slim chance that we will ever need it again, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment