Friday, March 21, 2014

6 Weeks Post 60DWCC - An Unproductive Week - Guess Why?

Next week is the one week school holidays (one that I honestly do not look forward to) and while it is all good for RK, it certainly has the opposite effect on me as I will not be as productive as I could be - with him lurking around at home, waiting to pound on me anytime. LOL.

 Day 96 - Saturday

Thanks to the small meals and heavy lunch that we had yesterday at City Square - JB, I had to go for run (to Chinese Garden) to help trim off all the "extra" carbos. As it was RK's birthday today, THL and I decided to spoil him with some surprises today.

First off, we made our way to Sentosa after taking a ride from Uncle Jim's van. He was kind enough to offer us a ride to Vivocity. From there, the 3 of us took the monorail from Vivocity to Beach Station inside Sentosa. From there, we took the free tram ride to Palawan beach to walk the Southern Bridge.

After that we took another tram ride to the nearby beach for RK to indulge himself with sand castle building and running around the water adventure fountains.

After all the fun at Sentosa, we took the monorail back to Vivocity for lunch at Paradise Dynasty. The Tim Sum there was delicious although the price is a little on the high side. After lunch we walked and shopped around for a bit before taking Bus 166 to Dover and switch over to another connecting bus to Buona Vista Station.

From there we took a train down to Holland Village. THL and I initially wanted to have dinner at one of the restaurants there but we could not find one that suits our appetite at that point in time. So in the end we took a taxi home and THL made us some finger foods as dinner while watching our favourite Korean drama series.

Day 97 - Sunday

The weekend morning was spent staying at home enjoying a slow breakfast and watching Korean drama series. At around 1pm, we left the house to have lunch at BurgerKing - Jurong Point before taking a bus to my parents' place. We stayed for a while and left for JEM at 7pm by taking a cab.

We bought some fruits and necessities from NTUC - JEM before taking a feeder bus home. We had fruits and some light snacks for dinner before spending the rest of the night watching the Korean drama.

Day 98 - Monday

Today is the first day of RK's one week holiday and OMG, half the day was already gone coaching him on his school's elearning homework. After lunch, I had a few hours of time to doing my work while he enjoy himself silly watching snippets of videos from Youtube and playing some of his favorite online games.

The rest of the day tied in seamlessly with the daily routine and today marks the day THL and I finish watching the Korean drama series.

Day 99 - Tuesday

Apart from doing my work, some portion of the day was also spent working on testing and improving RK's grasp of the mother tongue language. His grades for the 2nd language has been nothing short of disappointing and so far I have been looking for a Chinese tutor for him without much success so it looks like I may have to send him to those commercial language school. I personally do not like such commercial schools as their fees are usually on the high side and they do not guarantee results.

I managed to catch up with my work while RK takes his afternoon nap. After dinner, we watch a movie, chosen from some stack of DVDs that THL and I bought some weeks ago. Now that we have finished the Korean drama, we may take a break and rest for a few weeks before taking on another show. We will see how it goes. :D

Day 100 - Wednesday

THL and I took the day off today to run some personal errands and THL has her medical appointment in the afternoon. We brought RK along with us since he has no school this week and with the absence of the weekend crowds, he too, enjoyed the joy of commuting and shopping around on a week day.

 Food courts are not crowded, malls are almost empty, trains and buses are mostly on half capacity (besides peak hours), nice! :D

After THL's medical appointment at NUH, the 3 of us went to JEM to get some stuff for dinner before heading home.

Day 101 - Thursday

After my morning run, I was able to work on my projects for a couple of hours as RK has his tuition class scheduled in the morning. This is a special arrangement since it is a school holiday week.

 I was able to work without much disturbance in the afternoon with RK enjoying his favorite past times. RK stayed at home while I went over to Jurong Point around 5pm and I had a hair cut before meeting THL for dinner at the food court. We bought dinner back for RK and we took a cab home as it was raining heavily when we were on our way to the bus terminal.

 The rest of the night was spent watching TV with RK around playing his new mobile games.

Day 102 - Friday

Today was the last day of RK's school holiday and he was busy working on some of the extra assignments that I gave him since Monday. And that gave me some time to work on my project. :)

The rest of the afternoon went by monotonously and the 3 of us had vegetarian stuff for dinner while watching some of the aired channels from Mediacorps.

 THL and I also watch 'The Inside Man" DVD after RK went to bed at 10pm. It was an ingenious show featuring how a group of robber became super rich after robbing a bank without having the bank lost a single cent of their money.

Transport Expense (Day 96 - 102): $74.23

Day 96: $23.34

Bus Ride:

Vivocity to Dover Road => $1.16 x 2 + $0.58 = $2.90
Dover Road to Buona Vista Station => $0.77 x 2 + $0.38 = $1.92

MRT Ride:
Buona Vista to Holland Station => $0.82 x 2 + $0.38 = $2.02

Taxi Ride:
Holland Village to Home => $16.5


Day 97: $17.89

Bus Ride:
Home to Jurong Point => $0.83 x 2 + $0.41 = $2.07
Jurong Point to Bukit Panjang => $1.31 x 2 + $0.58 = $3.2
Jurong East to Home => $0.73 x 2 + $0.36 = $1.82

Taxi Ride:
Bukit Panjang to JEM => $10.80


Day 98: $1.66

Home to Boon Lay Interchange (THL) => $0.83
Lakeside to Home => $0.83



Day 99: $1.66

Home to Boon Lay Interchange (THL) => $0.83
Lakeside to Home => $0.83



Day 100: $17.86

Bus Ride:
Home to Jurong East => $0.73 x 2 + $0.36 = $1.82
Tanjong Pagar to Commonwealth Station => $1.37 x 2 + $.60 => $3.34
Jurong East to Home => $0.73 x 2 + $0.36 = $1.82

MRT Ride:
Jurong East to Tanjong Pagar => $1.49 x 2 + $0.60 = $3.58
Commonwealth to Buona Vista station => $0.77 x 2 + $0..38 = $1.92
Buona Vista to Kent Ridge Station => $0.87 x 2 + $0.38 = $2.12
Kent Ridge to JE Station => $1.33 x 2 + $0.60 = $3.26


Day 101: $10.16

Bus Ride:
Home to Boon Lay Interchange (THL) => $0.83
Home to Jurong Point => $0.83

Taxi Ride:
Jurong Point to Home => $8.50


Day 102: $1.66

Home to Boon Lay Interchange (THL) => $0.83
Lakeside to Home => $0.83


Weekly AfterThoughts:

The one week school holiday has certainly taken it toll on the amount of time available for me to work on my projects and you may think that I could have, like other irresponsible and selfish parents, left the child alone and not care a damn about them for a bit. No, nay, not me. I am equally responsible for RK as well as my business. It is just that some times I really hope that I could have more time on my hands to handle some extra personal stuff and activities which I very much would love to do at a very personal level.

60DWCC-wise, we have totally adapted to taking public transportation and while it is taking forever for the MAS to pass down the new ruling, we are no longer in the hurry to see it materialize.

No comments:

Post a Comment